Ashtoria has always operated with the highest safety standards and protocols. With the risks of COVID-19 at top of mind, we’ve implemented additional measures to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, and to reduce the risk of community transmission. Please note that the following measures have been adopted for the health and well-being of everyone:
- As per usual, all services will be offered by appointment only.
- All staff and clients will be required to wear a mask or facial covering while in the office, unless a specific treatment requires a client to remove his or her mask (e.g. facial, lip injections, etc.). If a treatment requires the removal of a mask, clients must put their mask back on before returning to the front desk.
- We may ask to take your temperature using an infrared non-contact thermometer upon entering. If you have a temperature of 100.4°F or above, you must reschedule your appointment for a later date. We apologize for the inconvenience in such cases, but we cannot allow entry to any guest with a fever.
- Extra guests are not allowed in the office. If an extra guest accompanies you to your appointment, they will be asked to wait in the car until you are finished.
Staff are trained on CDC guidelines for sanitizing and hygiene, including washing hands thoroughly and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces throughout the day. We encourage all guests to wash their hands upon entering the office. Hand sanitizer will also be available at several points throughout the office for your convenience.
- Our lobby/waiting area will be limited to two guests at one time, separated by at least 6ft. We may ask you to wait in your car briefly until we are ready for you to enter our office. Please arrive on time but not early to help in this process.
- Our retail area will be off limits to guests in order to minimize physical contact with skincare products prior to purchase.
- Self-serve beverages and reading materials will not be available during service. Please ask a member of our staff if you’d like water or tea during your visit.
- Curbside pickup is available for those who would like to purchase skincare without entering the store.
In order to preserve our clients’ privacy, we have a locked door facility and operate by appointment only. We do not allow extra guests (friends, family, etc.) with you at your appointment, unless previously arranged with our staff. Our office abides by HIPAA Privacy Rules to ensure that your information remains confidential, and to protect the transfer of information at your request.
All clients and guests must be 18 years of age or older. Special permission may be granted for teen clients (16-17 year olds) with acne. Clients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times, and must have a guardian’s signature for consent before any services are performed. We do not allow guests under 18 years of age without an appointment of their own. This is a specialty medical facility and is not a suitable environment for children. If you have children in your care, please make arrangements prior to your appointment with us. Your appointment will be rescheduled if you arrive with children. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
All payments are due at the time a service is rendered. We accept payments by cash, debit, or credit card. We do not accept personal checks or Care Credit (see “Insurance & Care Credit” below). Please see below for fees associated with New Client Consultations, Appointment Cancellations, and Missed Appointments.
New Client Consultation
We love meeting new clients and are looking forward to serving you! As a new client, you’ll pay a one-time $50 deposit to reserve your first consultation with one of our nurses. We can process payment over the phone or in-office, but payment must be completed before your appointment can be booked. This deposit is non-refundable, but will be applied as a credit toward your first service or product purchase. If you miss your consult or change the appointment with less than 48-hours notice, your deposit will be forfeited.
Cancellations and Missed Appointments
Please remember that your appointment time is reserved just for you. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a hole in a provider’s day that could have been filled by another client. As such, we require a 48 hour notice when rescheduling or cancelling an appointment. There will be a $50 rebooking fee for clients who miss their appointment or change their appointment with less than 48-hours notice. This non-refundable rebooking fee is required to schedule a new appointment with any of our service providers.
Late arrivals can shorten the time needed for your service provider to complete your treatment. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you arrive more than 15 minutes late.
Insurance & Care Credit
We do not accept or process medical insurance claims in our office. We are also unable to accept Care Credit for payment of services. It is the client’s responsibility to file a claim with their insurance company or seek coverage for our treatments as well as any prescriptions that may be filled.
Medical Records Requests
We are happy to provide your medical records and/or treatment history upon request. There is no charge for records, but we do request a minimum notice 7 business days for file processing. Medical records will only be released to the person named on the records.
It is of the utmost importance to us that you are satisfied with your results. However, our services are non-refundable and we do not issue cash refunds. Our skincare products are medical and pharmaceutical grade are also non-refundable, as indicated by law. If you experience a sensitivity to a skincare product, return it within 7 days of purchase and we will gladly exchange it for a product more suitable for your skin type. We can also add the full value of your exchange as a credit on your account for future product or service purchases.
Phone Calls and Messages
All messages will be addressed within business hours. Our scheduling software sends automated emails and text messages to confirm appointment bookings. Appointments may be confirmed via the automated text message sent to your phone. If you have not confirmed your appointment you will receive a courtesy call at least 48 hours before your appointment time. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or go directly to the nearest Emergency Room (ER).